Union Sociocultural Programming
Student Design Contest
Each semester, UWM’s Union Sociocultural Programming
Department prints and distributes around 6,000 calendars providing
information about UWM events that support our mission.
The time has come for UWM’s artists and
graphic designers to submit new cover designs for Fall’s calendar.
In addition to the calendar, the design will also be
featured on posters, t-shirts, stickers, the union’s website and other collateral.
· Open to all UWM student artists and graphic designers.
· Submissions should reflect the spirit of Sociocultural Programming’s mission:
Union Sociocultural Programming provides events and activities for the campus and community designed to increase awareness and understanding of diverse identities, cultures, lifestyles and worldviews. Our programming explores and celebrates differences and commonalities related to race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, spirituality, cognitive and physical ability, socioeconomic status and more. Join us as we Entertain, Engage, and Enlighten!
· Graphic files in Photoshop or Illustrator must be 5.5” x 8.5”, 300 DPI and CMYK.
· Other 2D artistic mediums are welcome, e.g., line drawings, sketches, painting, photography.
· Submissions must include your name, phone number and preferred email address.
· Submissions can be emailed to Claudia Guzman, Sociocultural Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at Union 334.
July 4, 11:59PM
First place - $100 UWM Union Gift Card
Second place - $50 UWM Union Gift Card
Third place - $25 UWM Union Gift Card
For more information, contact Claudia Guzman at email@example.com